Saturday, February 11, 2012

God is good to me, even when I am brokenhearted.

Today was a pretty good day. Lots of snow. I just cried a little bit today. Jon and his girlfriend are here. James and Tab left. I fixed a real breakfast. Since my husband died, I have had an aversion to cooking. I don't eat all day. Then at night, when everyone is asleep, I eat. I can't shop at our old shopping place. Last time, I ran into someone I knew and burst into tears, left my shopping cart and ran out of the store. I miss buying Randall's lunch stuff, his favorite things to eat, the things he needed to eat. (doctor's orders). I miss calling him from the store after work, to make sure he made it home ok and to see if there was anything else he needed. I miss laying beside him in bed. I miss sitting quietly in the living room with him in his chair. I miss being a wife. But today was a pretty good day. We had a tree full of cardinals, with their feathers all fluffed out. We had a beautiful snowfall. I have enjoyed listening to the easy way Jon and Renee work together as they made hundreds of goodies for a bake sale at college. They figure cost, profit, price, how much of everything they need. Then they got into a food fight with brownie mix. It is easy to see they are happy and that makes me happy. I enjoyed tastes of good food today. I enjoy walking straight up this hill everyday with Angel and the boys. Today, too much snow so I did not go. There is another reason I feel better. In my Dream blog, I mentioned Randall asked me to contact a girl named Lynn who had a near death experience. So I did. I always tried to do what he asked me to do. This is the letter I sent her and her reply back. Do I believe in Heaven. I sure do. Do I believe my husband is lingering close to me right now. I sure do. I believe Randall has been trying to reassure me he is ok. I miss him so much. I hated to be away from him. I will love him and some day we will be together forever.

    • I loved reading about your near death experience and your recent posts about dreams. Please don't think I am crazy! My 54 year old husband died suddenly on Oct. 4, 2011. I am heartbroken. I have been dreaming about him for the last several nights. 2 nights ago, it seemed he was trying to reassure me that he was ok, that he was watching out for me.
      In my dream 2 nights ago, he told me to talk to YOU, Lynn Dauer, that you could tell me about it, that you were there. Almost like you knew him, which is crazy. I think my husband and I discussed your near death experience but I am pretty sure you did not know my husband. His name was Randall Reid. He was the love of my life and I am heartbroken. He worked so hard and was just a good guy. If you can give me any insight on my dream, thank you. I just want to know he is ok. I wish he was here with me. I miss him so much. God bless you and keep us in your prayers.
      Kathy Fraley Reid
  • Thursday
    Lynn 
    • Kathy, I looked at the pictures of Randall...I'm not for sure if I may have met him before or not. He looks like such a fun and happy man. He reminds me a little of my uncle Raymond....like he never met a stranger before. In all my years of EMS I have met tons of people. I love meeting new people. I may be able to tell you some things to ease your troubled heart.
      Faith is the most powerful thing in the world....and that Heaven is REAL. Jesus is REAL. All of the stories of his healing and love in the Bible were REAL.
      I know now what Jesus meant when he told his disciples to have the faith of a mustard seed....you see, a mustard seed is the smallest seed that one can plant in a garden. Before long, that seed turns into the plant. A mustard plant will consume your entire garden. Thats how great faith works. We start out with just enough, and before we know it. It grows out of control. That faith can move mountains!
      When I sat in my car after my brain exploded (thats what I call it..because i felt it explode) I had just the faith that I had all my life. I believed in God and in Jesus. I believed in heaven and hell. I just put things like that on a back burner, because I was young and never thought of death in my near future.
      As I sat in the car and realized that death was near, that faith bloomed out of control. My first thought and most important was my soul. Not my kids, or my family, but my salvation and relationship with Jesus.
      I believe Randall had the same experience. I believe that God gives us that chance. I knew for weeks that something major was about to happen to me. I felt many burdens on my soul, and I cried alone. I didn't understand, but now I do. God was getting me ready for something. I would say that he also was preparing your husband. Whether he told you anything or not. I bet he knew something was coming.
      After that faith overtook me in the car, I was not afraid of death. I prayed for a quick death, and for the comfort of my family. But scared, I was not. Even in morgantown, I would constantly tell my family, "Dont cry for me", "I know where Im going, and Im ready". Im sure that Randall would say to you and your family, "Dont cry for me".
      If he heard those voices that I heard...how can you be scared? I never got to physically see my voices...If I would have seen my grandparents, I probably wouldn't have wanted to live anymore. I miss them more every day.
      I've learned through all of this, that life is short and we all need to live it well. When this life is over, the next one begins. Our loved ones are only 3 feet above our ground, in a different dimension. One that most cant see. They are aware of things that happen to us (only good things.) They visit us on special occasions, like holidays and birthdays.
      They cant visit us if we are constantly sad, they dont want us to be sad.
      Remember, there is no saddness in heaven. No tears are shed in heaven. If they could see EVERYTHING we do, Im sure they would be sad or angry at us. But they cant. They only are aware of good things....Like new babies, when we get saved, or when someone graduates. Time to them doesn't matter. We may miss them more everyday...but to them, no time has passed. Time doesn't mean anything.
      When Randall got to heaven and seen his loved ones, no time had really passed since the last time that he saw them. They had a wonderful reunion and that reunion is still going on. He would want you to live on and live good. Enjoy your kids and grand kids. This life is short and passes by fast. When you see him again, it will be like you were never apart.
      I hope this will give you some comfort. I've never written anyone a letter like this. I dont even know if I am worthy to write a letter like this. I know that God is Good ALL THE TIME.
      I had a cousin who was killed my a drunk driver on April 1st of last year. He was more like my brother than my cousin. We were only one year apart, and lived beside each other. I miss him more everyday...but I find my comfort in knowing that he is with momaw and popaw, and that popaw told me that they were rivers in heaven, and that the fishing is great! When I get there, me and Jason will fish for a long time in those rivers. Just like when we were little.
      I will definately pray for you Kathy....my only request is that you pray for me too.
      Lets live everyday with the faith of that mustard seed.
      Live it well Kathy Reid.
      Your friend,
      Lynn.
    • Thank you so much for your letter. I think that is what Randall was telling me, that you knew he was in heaven. It is funny you mentioned rivers and fishing. That was another of my dreams. Randall was walking around, checking everyone's lines, making sure they had bait, casting. There were several men fishing in the river but the only ones I recognized was Randy and his dad who passed away in 1985. I know Randall believed in God and he had faith. He did seem prepared for death. My daughter and I both felt like he had acted differently, that he wanted to get better, that he thought he was very ill but thought the doctors fixed him. Randy had been at CAMC Memorial with a bleeding ulcer, came home and died that evening in my living room, bled out, although they pronounced him dead at RGH. I sure will keep you in my prayers, I will keep the faith. God Bless you, Kathy Reid
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment